Click here for SVGCuts

Dec 27, 2011

It's a Snowball of Fun!

Good Morning Crafty World!!! This weeks SVGAttic Design Team project that I put together was used as my gift exchange at work...

So this year for a gift exchange I decided to put together
these little boxes and have a snowball in each box.



I made white fudge into BIG balls, well then ate them
so I had to come up with something new...lol...
The final 'snowball' was a .....

 





 

 


 Giant CAKE BALL!!

Ingredients

1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix

1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting

1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating



Directions


1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.


2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.


3. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.

As you can see I used white candy making coating on the outside just so it would be white...I have made these before with the chocolate flavored coating...and it was much better, but it served it's purpose, and I really like how they all turned out...oh and the white fudge was incredible...lol...this is the recipe I used but I put in just about a half cup of walnuts and it was still really good...I just could not get it to form into a ball  really well without working it...ALOT...so the cake balls were my first choice anyway....and the kids still liked them, so they were eatable...

What made this project so fun was that as I was making each of these boxes and each of the snowmen/women...I was thinking about each of the coworkers that were getting them...they took some time to make just because I wanted each of them to represent each of the people that were getting them...but the boxes itself was way easy and fun, and even the snowmen went together well ... it's just that I took time for each of them so I could have lots of thought and love into each one of them. As my coworkers are more like family then they are coworkers...we have a small office and we get along well, for the most part...



The 2nd project that I put together was just a little New Years Party Pack...

How fun will this be posted at my workstation?


Some 2012 glasses and a table center piece and well a really cool banner...so fun...so easy...and such a bad background on the picture, I should have ironed the darn thing...lol...but the glasses are just perfect fit for just about anyone...I love them...used transparency film for the lens and plain black card stock and some blue glitter card stock from ColorBok (sold at Walmart a while back) I just love this card stock called Pearlescent Paper, it came with a hot pink, yellow, lime green, this blue that I used and a purple...and being the paper hoarder that I am ... I just hate to use the last piece, but good think there were 4 pages of each color and I had 2 left...lol...now I am down to my last blue...oh well .... the project was just perfect with this card stock. Oh and I forgot to mention I also used Pearls paper by Core'dinations Cardmakers Series...and just a small part of velum for the 'liquid' in the glasses...all that detail is hard to see but it's there...heehee....

Well off to work I go...Hope everyone is ready for the New Year...I know that 2011 was not the greatest year for me in many ways, so I am looking forward to a new start with 2012...

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!

TTNF

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! The boxes are adorable!~I love the snowmen/women. Great job, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love all your project. I thought the little cake boxes are just adorable! I like the colors you picked for you New Year collection.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips