Click here for SVGCuts

Mar 4, 2012

Chalk Ah Lot Cafe Challenge - Glue and Chalk - Oh and a Winner

Good morning...its Sunday and its been a rough weekend for me, I normally would have had this post up by no later than 5 am Arizona time, but life happens and well here it is....

This weeks challenge over at Chalk Ah Lot Cafe Challenge Blog is to use chalk with GLUE... ahhhhh...
so I worked and worked with this...it's kind of like chalk with paint...but the glue seems to keep the color more true to color... as you saw on my blog hop day 3 I used chalk with paint. The color of chalk I used was purple and as you saw it came out more of a blue, still very pretty but I like the glue cuz of that...the down fall to that is the glue seems a bit 'lumpy' but that could be good...as it gives it a texture...so its good...
Any way I worked it with like 3 different cards and just could not get it to look right and then my little helper (my guardian angel) told me to try this....


I mixed Teddy Bear powdered chalk and some just plain white school glue (no name brand here, lol)
I then used an old paint brush that was kind of stuck together...that had not been cleaned out really good the last time I painted with it...I think this is kind of important...I did not want perfect streaks... I painted on plain white card stock that I get from Sam's Club (so pretty cheep stuff, well kind of, lol) in one direction. Then impatient me, used the heat gun to dry it faster...then I painted in the opposite direction over the same card stock. Again used the heat gun to dry it... I distressed the edges and inked them... I crinkled the paper in my hands to go with more of the distressed look...oh yeah before I crinkled the paper I stamped my sentiment  (from Stamp N Plus Scrap N)over the dried glue/chalk streaks... I had bought a ton of coordination's card stock so I have to start using it...you will see more of it...lol...anyway I cut the bottom of the card to an A2 size and dry embossed and sanded it down to get the blue to come thru...added some brads to my glued paper.... this is kind of an important part... I had to adhere the glued crinkled paper to the coordination's paper after it was sanded ... I tried my tape gun and that did not have enough 'sticky' to it so I used my xyron to get a good hold to the papers...

Well that was alot of info, so with that....I would like to announce the winner to the Chalk Ah Lot  blog hop and the winner is........................................... announced on the Chalk Ah Lot Challenge blog...

I wanted to make sure I said a happy
 'Thank You'
(I am doing the Happy Dance) 
to all my wonderful comments and followers.
I was able to achieve my goal of
100 followers
 and you all did it for me...
My next goal is to have 150 followers 
and I will have some Blog Candy for when I hit that goal...
so please tell your friends to become a follower to my blog.
There is blog candy for this goal

Thanks for coming by today.
Happy Craft'n
c ya all tomorrow for a blog hop and MyGrafico DT project...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Got ya huh...
All the winners for each blog is posted on the Challenge blog but my winner is
Sunshine HoneyBee
Sunshine HoneyBee please go to the Chalk Ah Lot Challenge Blog for instructions on how to claim your prize...thanks for hopping

3 comments:

  1. Like your chalk & glue card. Thanks for prize & I emailed my info to the email address listed on Chalk-ah-Lot Cafe site.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please visit my blog for the Leibster Award that you have received from me.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine Honeybee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look Katie.... I am always anxious to see what you create as you do a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips