Click here for SVGCuts

Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss Blog Hop

“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!” ― Dr. Seuss

Don't hop on pop but hop on top of the Dr. Seuss Blog Hop, where a bunch of talented people came up with their own interpretations of the wonderful imagination of Dr. Seuss. The skies the limit when you have an imagination like Dr. Seuss and talent like those in this hop. Our hop today is hostessed by Jearise in Lorby's World and that is were to begin if you've happened here by chance otherwise continue on my friend.

  Jearise in Lorby's World has some fun blog candy for this hop. She has a stuffed Cat in the Hall and a fun Thing 1 and Thing 2 craft plus a $10 gift card to Michaels. I know they're silly but doesn't that follow in the steps of Dr. Seuss?

Theodor Seuss Geisel  1904 ~ 1991

Born in 1904, Dr. Seuss wrote more than 60 books for children before dying in 1991.
His writings have become classics, bestsellers and will forever be read and cherished by all.
Four major motion pictures have been made based on Seuss's classic books (How Grinch Stole Christmas, The Cat in the Hat, Horton Hears A Who!, The Lorax).
An entire area of Universal Studios Islands of Adventure theme park is based on Dr. Seuss.

Today I wanted to do a card for Dr. Seuss, signifying his sucess...
I have two more to share that really touched my heart,

'You know your in love
when you can't fall asleep
because reality
is finally better
than your dreams.'

'Today you are you
that is truer than true
There is not one alive
Who is youer than you.'



This is the inside of the card, another of one of his Great poems...






Can I just say I love, love, love my Cameo... I found these great images online from various places by doing a goole search. I brought them into Silhouette Studio Designer Edition.
Once there I was able to resize and organize and even trace the hat image to cut,
Oh and yeah I used my handy dandy Chomas Creations Pen Holder to write(cut) the poem on the inside
I printed what I wanted, then did the cuts with my Cameo......
added some pop dots and a little ink...
whah la... there you have a simple, yet personal card.

Dr. Seuss, May you always be remembered for your inspiration to many...
keep the love of reading alive in each of us....

 Thank you for joining us because... 
“You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!” ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Your next stop is  Ellen - CardMonkey 

If you get stuck behind the great parade down at Mulberry Street, here's the links that you can follow on the Great Thing-a-majigger as you are on an adventure. "The Cat in the Hat knows a lot about that!"

16 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job on your card Katie! I love the quotes (in the card) and the ones you mentioned. TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute projects, Katie!! Imagine that!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute......love it

    cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great projects Katie.... love that you made your goal too! Great Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the card. Clean & simple and I love it. I'm really starting to love the Cameo, I need to get one. Nice being in the hop with you.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet cards... I love it. Enjoyed being in this hop with you.

    Angie, atuttletime.blogspot.com or atuttletime@ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! Its really neat to see what you can do with all the electronic gadgets that are out there. Just one more to add to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Katie, I love the two projects that you have created for this hop. Love that stamp! Super cool!!!

    Kimberly
    http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that stamp. I was going to use it in a recent challenge but went with the famous fish.

    marg0006@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow -- love both of your projects!

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card- love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful projects!! I absolutely love your creativity!!!! You are truly amazing my friend!!!!! Its always a pleasure to hop with you and drop on over to visit to see what you have created!
    Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
    Lynne
    Her Craftiness

    ReplyDelete
  13. YIKES!!! I'm blown away by your background history on Dr. Seuss (didn't know that stuff) and the quotes are FABULOUS!! Thanks for sharing...new follower.

    Creative Wishes,
    Claire
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a fantastic job on your cards and thank you for doing such a great job explaining what you did too. I'm so glad you joined my hop and I look forward to all our hops together. Jearise in Lorby's World.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips